A new Act was born. The new Companies Act is in full force and effect.
The website was not in operation on 1 May and with all the public holidays there was news as to whether the CIPC would be, as promised, in operation on 3 May.
The office hours are:
Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays & Fridays:
08:00 – 15:30
Thursdays: 08:30 – 15:30
Closed on Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays.
and contact details are:
Call Centre: 086 100 2472 (CIPC)
International Tel: +27 12 394 9500
Fax Number: 0861 843 888
International Fax: +27 12 394 9501
Docex: 256 Pretoria
The main functions of the CIPC are the:
- Registration of Companies, Co-operatives and Intellectual Property Rights (trade marks, patents, designs and copyright) and maintenance thereof;
- Disclosure of Information on its business registers;
- Promotion of education and awareness of Company and Intellectual Property Law
- Promotion of compliance with relevant legislation;
- Efficient and effective enforcement of relevant legislation;
- Monitoring compliance with and contraventions of financial reporting standards, and making recommendations thereto to Financial Reporting Standards Council (FRSC);
- Licensing of Business rescue practitioners;
- Report, research and advise Minister on matters of national policy relating to company and intellectual property law.
Take note of the “Frequently asked questions” referred to on the CIPC’s website.